OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT
Our Regina hotel is committed to programs and best practices that support our hotel associates,
the environment and our local community. We are proud to have been awarded 4 Green Keys
from the Hotel Association of Canada's Eco-Rating Program. This award is defined
as a property that has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the
environment through wide ranging policies and practices. The Hotel has mature programs in place
that involve management, employees, guests, and the public. We are always researching new methods
or technologies to help us continue to reduce our environmental footprint. View the list of items "green
actions" we're committed to and learn about ways you can help during your next visit to the
Regina Inn Hotel & Conference Centre.
For more opportunities to reduce your carbon footprint, please visit Sustainable
Travel International. Calculate your Carbon
We are excited to see that our efforts have not gone unnoticed. The Regina Inn was nominated for a 2008 Chamber of Commerce Paragon Award in the category of Environmental
What are we doing to help?
- We educate our guests and business partners on the subject to encourage them to do their
- We have a compost program for organic materials. Compost will be
donated to Grow Regina.
- Our Executive Chef shops for locally grown/produced at Farmer’s Markets whenever possible.
- We serve organic Fair Trade Coffee throughout the hotel.
- We implemented a linen reuse program to conserve energy and water consumption.
- Our guestrooms, public areas and offices feature energy-efficient light bulbs to conserve
- We recycle paper, cardboard, glass, and aluminum to reduce the amount of landfill
waste. Recycling bins are found in all of our guestrooms, offices, meeting
rooms and in public
areas of the hotel.
- We promote “Green Meetings” to all of our clients.
- We use biodegradable take-out containers and cutlery in botaniCa
- All of our paper products are made of post-consumer recycled materials.
- We purchase recycled office supplies and supplies that can be recycled and reused.
- We use re-usable USB sticks, email or direct clients to our website for information on
How can hotel guests help?
- Re-use towels.
- Recycle paper in your room.
- Turn off your lights when leaving the room.
- Turn off the heating when leaving the room.
How can meeting and event organizers help?
- When purchasing gifts for participants, consider environmentally friendly products with
recycled content or items made by local artisans or invest in an eco-friendly project. We're
happy to provide suggestions.
- Rather than printing the conference material, burn it to a CD or USB key, post it on a
web site or email it to participants.
- Print the conference/registration package and any other required documentation on recycled
paper and print double sided.
- Give your participants reusable coffee mugs at the start of the conference.
- Give your participants information on nature based activities or walking trails in the
- Organize vans or carpooling for conference participants.
- Send an email explaining to the participants what actions are being taken to make the
Together, we can make a difference.